The insulation for this technique may be different depending on the use, we can find it there:
Glass wool, rock wool, cellulose.
Use of the system
Insufflation, seals are used in technical ducts, for recesses between walls of old buildings, for roof and attic insulation and for floors, crawl spaces, old or prefabricated wooden constructions.
This insulation can have several functions, such as fire protection, thermal insulation and soundproofing.
Advantages (depending on insulation choice)
- Guaranteed fire protection
- Very good thermal properties
- Excellent soundproofing properties
- Available for even the smallest cavities
- Resistant to mould infestation
- High density, better airtightness
- Hygroscopic and humidity control
AEAI Fire Protection Directive — Load-bearing systems and fire compartments / 15-15en
3.5.3 The openings for cable and pipe hoppers in the construction elements forming the fire compartment shall, taking into account the thermal expansion: be filled with RF1 materials and sealed.
The insufflation, blowing and filling according to the base material are classified in the fire resistance classes RF3, RF2 or RF1.